Jun 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten+ Books I've Read So Far This Year!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created & hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish. 
For more info about it, check out the post HERE.
    
 
Ok, so, I'm totally cheating! I don't know with how many, but there will definitely be more than 10. And even then, I won't be listing every one of them that I'd like to, but all of these were amazing, with 5 star rating & unique & memorable to me in some way, so they deserve the mention on this list. 
  
 
 

So, My Top Ten+ Books I've Read So Far This Year are:

  
   
When I read Stiltskin (my review), I knew right away that it's the best book I've read so far in 2014. There were lots of amazing reads this year, but Stiltskin was the first one that I thought it will probably end on my best of 2014 list (where I stick to listing only 10) at the end of the year.

The Grimm Conclusion (my review) is another fantastic fairy tale retelling mix that I totally adored.
 
  
Ok, so I was thinking about putting only the final book on this list, but in the end, I just couldn't. The Leviathan Trilogy is absolutely amazing & so imaginative & wondrous, and I see the whole trilogy as one story (if Leviathan wasn't a reread, it would've been right there on this list beside its sequels). Anyway, both Behemoth (my review) & Goliath (my review) were absolutely wonderful, and I highly recommend this steampunk trilogy if you still haven't read it.
 
  
The Mute Button (my review) was another wonderful & surprising read this year, that I thought it's definitely one of the best so far.
 
As for Tesla's Attic (my review), it was quite wonderful, and everything I expected it to be & so much more. Then again, it is co-written by Neal Shusterman, so yeah. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the series.
 
  
Ashes on the Waves (my review) is a beautiful & haunting story, and a perfect retelling of Edgar Allan Poe's Annabel Lee poem.
 
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (my review) is another read that was so beautifully written & so haunting, and that captured the atmosphere of the story quite magically & unforgettable.
 
  
Attachments (my review) was absolutely delight to be read. It's definitely unique & fun, and full of heart, and I loved it.

When We Met (my review) is part of the Fool's Gold series, and even though I'm a fan of the series and usually enjoy all the books, When We Met was the best one for me, and different from the other books in the series. I know it's subjective, but this one hit all the right spots, so it deserves recognition.
 
  
Bite Me (my review) is one hilarious & unforgettable roller coaster ride. It's the final Love Story book, and it's definitely the best, and I can't recommend enough this trilogy.
  
More Than This (my review) is a haunting & captivating story that will stay with you long after you've finished it. Even though I don't know if I'd like to go through all of this all over again a.k.a to reread it (mostly because I remember it in details), I still recommend it, because Patrick Ness & his stories are amazing!
 
  
Yes, you're seeing it right. These classic children's books, I finally read them. The Magician's Nephew (my review) is definitely the best Narnia book, as for Through the Looking Glass, I finally see why everyone loves so much Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & the world the author created. Not because of the first read, but because of the 2nd. I've always wondered, even as a little girl. I've had a couple of copies of the 1st book, and read them lots of times, but wasn't that big of a fan. I even read it again as grown up (this time in English), and still wondered. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it, but kept me wondering. That is, until I read Through the Looking Glass. Now I see why everyone is so fascinated by the world, and it actually made me want to reread both books again.
 
  
Rose (my review) is wonderful, magical, lovable fantasy story that I adored. Can't wait to read the second book in the series.

Bright Before Sunrise (my review) is YA contemporary romance book. I've read a lot of YA contemporary so far this year, but this one was the most memorable to me (though I just might have been a little bit biased when choosing because of the cover). Anyway, loved it, can't recommend it enough.

 
 
What about you? 
   
Leave me your TTT links!

20 comments:

  1. Lots of new to me ones there! I read the first two vampire books Christopher Moore wrote but never went back to read the latest one(s?)! Might need to do that one day!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you'll read it & love it as much as I did :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

      Delete
  2. Love the surprises on your list! Thank you.

    Here's my Best Books So Far This Year! Hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I guess I never think about it, but with my eclectic reading taste, I always have a little bit different lists ;) Anyway, I hope you'll check out some of these & enjoy them!

      Thanks for stopping by ^_^

      Delete
  3. Stiltskin made my list too; such a good read! I really want to read the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy but I don't want to start before I have all three books, because something tells me I'll want to move straight onto the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another Stiltskin fan :) I hope you'll enjoy Daughter of Smoke & Bone - the writing style is beautiful. I still need to read the sequels though...

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great choices, especially "The Magician's Nephew" and "Through the Looking Glass." I have to reread the former in the near future. I enjoy the entire "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" series and feel that "Through the Looking Glass" provides emphasis to her adventures. The logic behind Humpty Dumpty and Tweedledee & Tweedledum build on the characters Carroll uses, while delivering an entire message about reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josh! And exactly, that's why both books should be read, not only the 1st :) Now, they're my favs, too.

      Delete
  5. Bright before sunrise sounds good!
    New follower!
    www.she-read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was good :) Thanks for stopping by, Vi!

      Delete
  6. I've only read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but I loved that one. And I really want to read the Leviathan trilogy, Tesla's Attic, and Ashes on the Waves, so I'm glad you liked them. :) Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll read them all, and enjoy them as much as I did :) Thanks for stopping back, Petra!

      Delete
  7. I can't believe you hadn't read The Chronicles of Narnia or Alice books! That's awesome that you read them, I feel like a lot of classic novels don't get read unless you read them for school/as a kid. I'm with you - Through The Looking Glass was definitely my favourite of the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the 1st Alice book lots of time as a child, but not the 2nd, and at the time I didn't even know there is another, and when I found out, just haven't been interested that much about reading it, but decided it's time.

      As for the Narnia books, I've had mixed feelings about the series, so it's been slow going, because I didn't like all the books, but now I'm officially over with the series.

      As for the classics, it depends. I actually like going back & rereading the favs, though there are those that I'll never get around to reading them ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. I feel like C.S. Lewis series are definitely hit or miss for me within the series - and it's usually directly related to how heavily he decides to make his allegories and moralize. (Poor Susan! What's wrong with lipstick and stockings?!) Have you read his space trilogy? I LOVED the first book, HATED the second, and was rather satisfied with the third. I'm not used to such extreme reactions within one series haha!

      I'm a big rereader, so I definitely go back and read my favourites (although perhaps not as much as the ones I found as a kid. Books I grew up always get the most rereads haha)

      Delete
  8. Great list, lots that I've read but also a few that I haven't! I have Stiltskin on my Kindle waiting to be read and I need to start the Grimm Conclusion as I loved the first two books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Magician's Nephew! Best book of the series, in my opinion. Attachments is on my TBR list. STiltskin looks interesting so I will be off to look it up in a moment... Ashes on the Waves was quite good too.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely agree about The Magician's Nephew!

      I hope you'll enjoy Stiltskin & Attachments :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. I agree about The Magician's Nephew. I hope you'll enjoy Stiltskin & Attachments!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete