Feb 18, 2014

"Bright Before Sunrise" by Tiffany Schmidt


Title: Bright Before Sunrise

Author: Tiffany Schmidt

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

Imprint: Walker Childrens

Publication date: February 18th, 2014


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on February 14th, 2014,  from an eARC received from the publisher through NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.) 
 
 

Summary:



One night can change how you see the world. One night can change how you see yourself.
 
Jonah and Brighton are about to have the most awkwardly awful night of their lives. For Jonah, every aspect of his new life reminds him of what he has had to give up. All he wants is to be left alone. Brighton is popular, pretty, and always there to help anyone . . . but has no idea of what she wants for herself. Her seemingly perfect life is marred only by Jonah, the one person who won't give her the time of day, but also makes her feel, well, something. So when they are repeatedly thrown together over the course of one night, anything can—and does—happen. Told in alternating chapters, this poignant, beautiful novel's energy and tension, amidst the humor and romance, builds to a new beginning of self-acceptance and hope.
 
  
 
 

My Thoughts on the Book:



Bright Before Sunrise was a pleasant surprise for me. I actually read it in one sitting, I just couldn't stop reading it. I slowly got hooked on the story & the characters, and I had to keep going, even though it meant staying all night so I can finish this book.

And in the end, I so wasn't sorry that I spent my night reading instead of sleeping, because it was worth it. The story itself wasn't quite what I expected, but I found it interesting & compelling, and I wanted to see what will happen next with the characters, which I liked a lot from the beginning.

Brighton was quite likable as a character. She definitely wasn't what I expected, she was memorable & relatable, and I would've totally wanted her to be my friend, and I mean the real her, not the one everyone sees in her.

I also quite liked Jonah. He did act as an idiot at times, and I wanted to hate him, but in the end, that wasn't possible. I could understand him, and he definitely redeemed himself.

What I liked the most about this book were the characters & their story, and the "adventures" they went on, and the way their friendship & more developed.

As always, I won't go into details, the only thing I'll say is that my favorite part was actually the last third, which was so sweet & romantic & lovely, and warmed my heart, and made me fall in love with the book completely.

If you're a fan of YA contemporary romantic stories, that will make you smile, make you laugh, make you sad, and make you swoon, then I can't recommend this book enough.
 
 
Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. I just read a contemporary romance in about one sitting too. Sometimes you just need an adorable romance. :)

    ReplyDelete