Aug 25, 2013

Top 5 Sundays: Books That Made Me Cry!


Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life.
This week's theme is Books That Made You Cry.
You can join HERE!

So, My Top 5 Books That Made Me Cry are:

 
 #1 - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

 The Book Thief is probably the book that had made me cry the most EVER! I had to stop reading it so I can calm myself & continue the book.

#2 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

Although some of the other HP books should be listed here, too, the one I cried the most (and I cry every time I re-read it) is the last book.

#3 - A Witch Alone by Ruth Warburton

 A Witch Alone is the last book in the Winter Trilogy, and it was amazing & so, so heartbreaking, and emotional, so I couldn't stop the tears, so I totally bawled my eyes out while reading it.

#4 - The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith 

Surprisingly, The Fury was quite the heartbreaking rollercoaster ride, that totally made me cry again & again.

#5 - Rot & Ruin + Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry 

I couldn't choose only one of these books, so I had to include them both. Jonathan Maberry made me cry at the end of both of these books, so I've been reluctant to read the 3rd book since then, because I've been afraid of more heartbreak, but I'm hoping to get to it soon, and then to read the last book, too. 


Although there are adult books that have made me cry, unexpectedly it seems I've ended up with YA list ;)

3 comments:

  1. Nice list!! I chose this Harry Potter one too! Really from this one on I was crying!!

    Here's my Top 5 Sundays

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce list! i need to read The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deathly Hallows!!!!! YES! great list!

    ReplyDelete