Jun 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books Featuring Travel In Some Way!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Ok, so this week the theme is Top Ten Books Featuring Travel In Some Way (road trips, airplanes, travelogues, anything where there is traveling in the book!), and I thought there's no way I can list 10, so I'll have to be creative, but when I started thinking about other types of travel in fantasy or sci-fi or other genres, I realized I could go on & on, so I'll start with contemporary, and see where it takes me until I reach 10. I will probably do another one with other genres & types of traveling on a rewind day ;)


So, My Top Ten Books Featuring Travel In Some Way (in no particular order) are:


#1 - Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson

 
It's been years since I read Girl at Sea, but I loved it, and it was set in Italy, and most of it was on boat, so yeah, Girl at Sea ;)
 

#2 - 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

 
Another Maureen Johnson book ;) This one was pretty good, too, although it's been years since I've read it also. A trip all around Europe.

#3 - Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

 
 Road trip!!!!! Yeah, I loved this book!
 

#4 - Saving June by Hannah Harrington

Another great road trip book that I loved!
 

 #5 - Two-way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

 
It's been years since I've read this one, too. I know that I loved it, and it's another road trip book - they drive together to college.
 

#6 - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

 
 You know why, right? I loved this book!
 

#7 - The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Stephanie E. Perkins

 
This one I only liked a lot, and it was a cute read. The main character flies to England :)
 

 #8 - All Those Things We Never Said by Marc Levy

 
This one was another pretty good book. The MC travels to Canada, France & Germany, and yeah, I loved it. I always love Marc Levy's books :)
 

#9 - The Perfect Wife by Victoria Alexander

 
At first look, The Perfect Wife looks like your typical historical romance, but it's not. This book is quite the adventure. The characters travel by boat to Egypt (I think it was or another of the countries in Africa) in search of a treasure, and it's one of my favs! 
 

#10 - Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne

 
Ok, so I haven't read this book in years & years, ever since I was a child, but it was one of my favs then. I have no idea how many times I've read it! And I've wanted to re-read it for years, but I never seem to get to it ;)

Wow, I managed ;) I will definitely do this theme again, but with books like Howl's Moving Castle, The Night Circus, Leviathan, etc.


What about you? 

Leave me your TTT links!

3 comments:

  1. How could I forget Jules Verne? Ah what can I do. I've also though about putting The Night Circus but then again I put all contemporary books so..Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you included Jules Verne and "Around The World In Eighty Days." I have the book and I really need to read it. I watched the film with Jackie Chan when I was a middle schooler, but now I need to read it in the original form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That movie was really different, and not as great. The tv series adaptation was much better with Pierce Brosnan, although it's been years since I've both watched it & read the book.

      Thanks for stopping by, Josh!

      Delete