Jun 30, 2013

Top 5 Sundays: Best Books of 2013 so far!

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life


This week's theme is Best Books of 2013 so far. 

You can join HERE!


So, My Top 5 Best Books of 2013 so far are:


#1 - The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman


 
Without a doubt, the BEST book I read this year! I'm a big fan of Neil Gaiman, so I knew this would be awesome, but he still managed to amaze me & surprise me!  
 

#2 - I Am Not A Serial Killer by Dan Wells


 
Actually, the whole John Cleaver Trilogy should be on this list, because I Am Not A Serial Killer, Mr. Monster & I Don't Want to Kill You complete this one amazing storyline, with one amazing main character, and I absolutely loved every second of them.  
 

#3 - Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson


 
You know why, right? I'm so hooked on the series :) I loved Full Blooded, too, but I loved Hot Blooded even more, and I can't wait for Cold Blooded!
 

#4 - The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith


 
I actually read this one as 2 separate books, part of The Fury Duology called The Fury & The Storm, but this year it's re-published as one book called The Fury - The Director's Cut with the cover above (the publisher's changed their mind), and it's quite the story of supernatural terror, and one of the best I read this year, so I can't recommend it enough :)
 

#5 - Cinder + Scarlet by Marissa Meyer 


 
The Lunar Chronicles is another series I totally got hooked on this year! I love the story & the world the author created, (fairy tale re-tellings set in a sci-fi world - of course I'm hooked), as well as all the amazing characters, and I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
 

4 comments:

  1. Forgot about Full Blooded and Hot Blooded! Hard to remember all the books I've read already! How sad! There are too many!

    Here's my Top 5 Sundays

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't surprised that The Ocean at the End of the Lane was amazing. I never expect anything else from Neil Gaiman. I haven't read the Dan Wells series, I'm holding out for the audio for those. But I did read an LOVE the similarly themed book I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. But my favorite book of 2013 so far has been Doll Bones by Holly Black. It was such a wonderful whimsical read.

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't surprised that The Ocean at the End of the Lane was amazing, I always expect that from Neil Gaiman :) but he still manages to surprise me with the stories he comes up :D No other author does that for me with every book :)

      I haven't read I Hunt Killers, but I do hope you'll read (listen) & enjoy this trilogy :)

      I really want to read Doll Bones, I'm glad you loved it.

      Thanks for stopping by, Donna!

      Delete
  3. great picks! the Marissa Meyer books look so good!

    Love Jessica Mclain too!!

    ReplyDelete