Mar 31, 2013

"In A Glass Grimmly" by Adam Gidwitz




Title: In A Glass Grimmly

Author: Adam Gidwitz

Series: A companion to A Tale Dark & Grimm



My rating: 4.5 of 5


(Book read from March 15th to March 16th, 2013)



Summary:



More Grimm tales await in the harrowing, hilarious companion to a beloved new classic

Take caution ahead —
Oversize plant life, eerie amphibious royalty, and fear-inducing creatures abound.
Lest you enter with dread.
Follow Jack and Jill as they enter startling new landscapes that may (or may not) be scary, bloody, terrifying, and altogether true.

Step lively, dear reader . . .
Happily ever after isn’t cutting it anymore.

In this companion novel to Adam Gidwitz’s widely acclaimed, award-winning debut, A Tale Dark & Grimm, Jack and Jill explore a new set of tales from the Brothers Grimm and others, including Jack and the Beanstalk and The Frog Prince.








My Thoughts on the Book:



I loved A Tale Dark & Grimm. It was one of the most entertaining fairy tale re-telling books that combined lots of different fairy tales in an almost perfect whole, so of course when I found out the author decided to write this companion, I was excited to read it!  
And what did I think about it? I loved it of course. Although I think A Tale Dark & Grimmly was a little bit better, if you enjoyed it, you won't be disappointed with In A Glass Grimmly. In this one we follow Jack, Jill & Frog on an adventure.   
I liked the way the author incorporated the different fairy tales, and some of these re-tellings I liked, some of them I loved, and although it took me a while to warm up to the characters, as the story progressed, I did & I started to like them & cheer them on on their adventure, and the stories kept getting better & better as the story developed, and in the end it all wrapped up in the perfect & quite satisfying ending.
As always, I won't go into details, because they will definitely spoil the story, but In A Glass Grimmly is another read that every fairy tale lover wouldn't want to miss! It was fun, interesting, cute, sometimes dark, witty, humorous, magical, entertaining & mostly adventurous, and I highly recommend it!



Challenges:



0 comments:

Post a Comment