Dec 24, 2012

Top 10 of 2012: Best Books I've Read in 2012!

Top 10 of 2012 is hosted by Lisa @ A Life Bound By Books, Rachel @ Fiktshun, Jessica @ Confessions of a Bookaholic, Jaime @ Two Chicks on Books & Mindy @ Magical Urban Fantasy Reads.


This event starts on Monday December 24th (today) & ends on Friday December 28th.


Today's theme is Best Books I've Read in 2012, they don't have to be published in 2012, as long as we've read them this year.


So, it was really not easy choosing the best books I've read this year, because I've read so many amazing books this year (probably between 20-25) that I'd love to include because they deserve a place in the top 10, but in the end had to be excluded, because if I started with honorable mentions, I will probably go on & on ;)

Also, although I have listed all of these from 1 to 10, I have to mention that I equally love all of these books, they're in no particular order, I just listed them on the spur of the moment, so I guess every time I make this list, the order can change ;)


So, My Top 10 Best Books I've Read in 2012 are:


#1 - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

 Explanation not necessary. Just so, so magical!


#2 - Eon & Eona by Alison Goodman

Ok, so I guess I'm cheating a little here, but how can I separate these 2 books? I just can't! As I've said before, I see them as 2 parts of one whole, and what an amazing & brilliant duology it was, I can't recommend it enough! 


#3 - I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

Ok, so you've probably heard about Markus Zusak. I mean, who hasn't? He blew me away a couple of years ago when I finally read The Book Thief, and once again he did that again this year when I finally read I Am the Messenger - so different, yet equally mind-blowing. And his writing style - wow! Such a brilliant author!


#4 - Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull

 Amazing MG fantasy! I knew Seeds of Rebellion will be great, but I was a little surprised by its awesomeness, I just fell in love with the Beyonders trilogy all over again!


#5 - American Gods by Neil Gaiman

No explanation necessary, except, yay, I finally read it after years it sat on my shelf, I just kept postponing reading it. I already read all of his other novels, yeah even Anansi Boys, so I kinda knew what to expect, but even with all of that, Neil Gaiman will manage to surprise you with his brilliant storytelling.


#6 - The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle

 This novel was such a creeptastic surprise, I just loved everything about it, definitely different from the other YA books, and I can't recommend it enough!


#7 - The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers

Kate Kae Myers took me on quite a ride with The Vanishing Game. I read this one quite early in 2012, but I knew it will end up on my best reads this year. I can't wait for her next book, from the description it sounds as another clever & amazing mystery book!


#8 - The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens

Ok, so when I participated in this event last year, the first book in the Graveyard Queen series The Restorer was on my list of best books, and now Amanda Stevens has done it again. Both sequels The Kingdom & The Prophet were absolutely amazing, but for me The Kingdom takes the cake ;) I can't recommend enough the series!


#9 - Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

Midwinterblood was everything I expected & more. Such an amazing, unique, beautiful & heartbreaking story that stays with you long after you've read it...


#10 - Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire

Once in a while, you need something that will entertain the hell out of you, you know one of those books that when you'll think about it, you'll smile or laugh about it and will make you fell in love with the story, the world & the characters. There were quite a few books like that for me this year, but the one I had to include on this list is definitely Discount Armageddon. I loved everything about this book, and I'm dying to see what's next for Verity, the Price family & everyone else in the sequel!!!


  So, these were my Top 10 Best Books I've read in 2012!

Have you read any of these and what did you think?

As I've said I can probably list around 10 more that deserve a place on this list, so if you're interested, come back tomorrow when I'll post another list of best reads as part of TTT.

But, for now, leave me your link of your Top 10 of 2012 list so I can check them out :)


Happy Holidays!!!

18 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about the Vanishing Game! I should really check this out. :)

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I totally agree with you about The Night Circus. It was so magical and you really felt like you were there.

    My Top 10 of 2012 is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read The Night Circus! I've got a copy but haven't gotten round to it yet! And the other books I'm adding to my TVR list too! Thanks for stopping by at the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard some really amazing things about The Hallowed Ones. And it has such a unique and awesome premise. I'll have to check that one out. Great list! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post and Happy Holidays!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. why have i not read and here it comes; the amanda stevens , my unread copy of the night circus and the vanishing game yet.

    gr8 list aleksandra and tnx 4 stopping bye



    my top 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally cheated with Eon & Eona but it's your list so I guess you can do whatever the heck you want! Hehe Awesome picks, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah, I totally did :) but those that have read both books will know why I couldn't separate them :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Cool books! I REALLY want to read the Eona series -it looks awesome, and have stunning covers.

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love The Night Circus and American Gods! And Eon has been on my TBR list forever. Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read The Night Circus on your list and I highly debated putting it on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any! But I really want to read The Night Circus and The Hollowed Ones!
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these! I have Eon here and I think I need to read it soon.

    Thanks for stopping by my Top 10 post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I need to read both The Night Circus and The Hallowed Ones. Fabulous list! Yay for Neil Gaiman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess I have some shopping to do! Sadly I haven't read any of these :( I do have Night Circus, so I'll get on that soon!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is it possible that of all the titles you've listed, I have read none, though most are on my TBR? I feel so bad. And I wanted to leave this really huge comment because yours was awesome etc. but I can't come up with anything. >_< Next time! :'D

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's probably because I'm all over the place when it comes to my reading lol Thanks for stopping by, Patricia :D

      Delete
  15. The same with Patricia. I feel so bad that I've read none of the books you've mentioned! But I do have The Vanishing Game, so I think i might bump it up the TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete