Oct 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books to Get into the Halloween Spirit!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

So, My Top Ten Books/Series to Get into the Halloween Spirit (in no particular order) are:



So, why these books? 
First of all, all of these are some of my fav books/series. 
The Prince of Mist - because I definitely wouldn't want to meet him, the same goes for the Crooked Man in The Book of Lost Things, and because most of the fairy tale retellings in this book are actually quite horror-like. 
Scarlett Dedd & The Gates are actually funny books, but they happen for Halloween & are fun Haloween reads, one with the devil & demons, the other one with ghosts. 
The Light, The Monstrumologist, The Graveyard Book & The Tales of Terror series - perfect for Halloween (I'm actually re-reading The Graveyard Book right now, then I'm planning to re-read The Light). 
The Restorer because it was so creepy (still haven't read the sequels) & City of Ghosts, actually the whole Downside Ghosts series, because yeah, it's full of ghosts ;)

6 comments:

  1. So many of your picks are on my TBR list! The Prince of the Mist was very spooky. I need to pick up Scarlett Dedd! Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-1gO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was :) As I said, I wouldn't want to meet him :) and Scarlett Dedd was so much fun!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these, but there are some creepy covers for sure! Great list!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read The Restorer, but most of the others are on my wishlist already! They all sound so good.

    ReplyDelete