Aug 23, 2012

"The Prince of Mist" by Carlos Ruiz Zafón



Title: The Prince of Mist

Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Series: Mist #1



My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on August 20th, 2012.)

Summary:


A mysterious house harbors an unimaginable secret. . .

It’s wartime, and the Carver family decides to leave the capital where they live and move to a small coastal village where they’ve recently bought a home. But from the minute they cross the threshold, strange things begin to happen. In that mysterious house there still lurks the spirit of Jacob, the previous owners’ son, who died by drowning.

With the help of their new friend Roland, Max and Alicia Carver begin to explore the suspicious circumstances of that death and discover the existence of a mysterious being called The Prince of Mist—a diabolical character who has returned from the shadows to collect on a debt from the past. Soon the three friends find themselves caught up in an adventure of sunken ships and an enchanted stone garden, which will change their lives forever.



My Thoughts on the Book:



The Prince of Mist is the first book by Zafón that I've read. I bought The Shadow of the Wind & The Angel's Game a couple of years ago, but kept postponing reading them, and yeah, I've heard lots of great things about  Zafón's books & writing style. Also, I heard that some people that loved The Shadow of the Wind, and after that read this trilogy, were disappointed, so I bought the trilogy & decided to start with this one because of that reason :) 
So, what did I thought of The Prince of Mist? I loved it! Definitely one of my favorite reads, and a book I'll read again & again. I didn't had any expectations (except maybe a great writing style), and it was definitely a surprising read. 

But, I wasn't expecting a creepy tale, and believe me, it was creepy & eerie, but in a beautiful way. Let me tell you, you wouldn't want to come across the path of the Prince of Mist. So, yeah, I loved the story, the amazing writing style, and I loved the characters. They were so great. This story was sweet & fun & mysterious & suspenseful, and yeah a little sad, and a book you can't put down until you finish it. The tone of the book reminded me a little of Chris Priestley's Tales of Terror series, so if you've read them & loved them, you have to read this one.   

So, do I recommend The Prince of Mist? Yes. If you like creepy stories with amazing & unique writing style, that you won't be able to stop reading, and will keep you at the edge of your sit until you're finished, then this is a book for you!


Challenges:


2 comments:

  1. This one sounds really good, and I'm adding it to my Wishlist on the basis of your raving review!

    ReplyDelete