Jun 9, 2012

"Niederwald" - A Soul Screamers short story by Rachel Vincent


Title: Niederwald
(part of the Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions anthology)
Series: Soul Screamers #4.5

Author: Rachel Vincent

(read on June 9th, 2012)

My rating: 5 of 5


My Summary & Thoughts on the Short Story: 

Niederwald is a short story in the Soul Screamers series from Sabine's PoV, that happens between My Soul to Steal & If I Die, but I actually don't recommend to be read between them, at least for the first time you read the series, because although we can guess (and hope) what will happen with Tod & Kaylee in If I Die, it's better if this one is read after the first reading of If I Die, at least that's what I think ;) 
In Niederwald, Sabine takes Emma to the small town Niederwald, a place where the barrier with the Netherworld is very thin, so some things can cross over, which normally won't be able. There are harpies there, which task is to protect that barrier. Sabine asks to see Syrie, an oracle which helped her before to find Nash, in exchange for the necklace Nash gave to her. Now she wants to ask if Nash will be hers again & to take back her necklace. Syrie paints a picture of Tod & Kaylee together, so she gets her answer, but when she goes to steal back her necklace, she's caught. I actually love this story, Emma comes to the rescue, then Sabine, and yeah, they save themselves, but whole story was fun & with action & mystery & that writing style of Rachel Vincent that I love, so I can't recommend it enough :) If you're a Soul Screamers fan, Niederwald is a short story you don't won't to miss! 


Challenges: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment