Jun 9, 2012

"Never to Sleep" by Rachel Vincent

 
 
Title: Never to Sleep

Series: Soul Screamers #5.5

Author: Rachel Vincent

(read on June 9th, 2012)

My rating: 5 of 5


Summary: 

Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. 
But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream - and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever.

Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?

 
My Thoughts on the Novella:

I loved this novella! It was definitely a pleasant surprise. Never to Sleep is from Sophie's PoV & it happens for a period of If I Die. We meet a new character Luca, he's a necromancer & really liked him & I liked the banter between him & Sophie - so fun & made me laugh out loud :) They meet a soulless reaper (I'm guessing that's Thane), and Sophie screams in terror & they end up in the Netherworld - I guess she inherited a little from her father ;) There they meet Avari (of course), he imprisons Sophie so she can use her & plans to use Luca, too, but in the real world. Sophie escapes from her cage with a few hints from Addison, finds Luca & they try to escape together. Accidentally Sophie discovers that she's the one that brought them in the Netherworld, so they manage to save themselves in the nick of time :) 
As I said, I loved this novella, it was interesting to see how Sophie copes with the existence od the Netherworld, and I liked that there's a new character added to the mix, so I can't wait to see how everything will turn out in Before I Wake. I was already excited about it after finishing If I Die, but after reading Never to Sleep, I'm even more :) 


Challenges: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment