Jun 14, 2012

"Alien Tango" by Gini Koch


Title: Alien Tango

Series: Katherine "Kitty" Katt / Alien #2

Author: Gini Koch

(read from June 9th to June 14th, 2012)

My rating: 4.5 of 5


Summary:  
For Alien Super-Being Extermionator Katherine "Kitty" Katt, anti-alien conspiracies, threats from outer space, and a couple of killer alligators are all in a day's work. But internal alien schemes and some major "relationship" complications are about to bring new meaning to the phrase "chaos ans confusion". 
It's been five months since Kitty joined Centaurion Division, working with the aliens from Alpha Centauri. She and Jeff Martini have grown closer as a couple and life looks rosy. But when an experimental spacecraft is unexpectedly returned to the Kennedy Space Center, Kitty and the rest of Alpha Team are called on to investigate and are immediately embroiled in life-or-death situations that scream "political conspiracy".

The team must survive murderous attacks, deal with a mysterious space entity that has seized control of a group of astronauts, and evade a woman who'll do anything to eliminate the competition when she develops an obsessive crush on Kitty's old high school boyfriend. And that's all before the evil masterminds decide Kitty's extermination is vital...

 
My Thoughts on the Book:

Ok, so it was definitely a surprise to me when I started reading Alien Tango as to where the story was going, but that was good & I loved it! 
From the beginning this book made me laugh so much, just as I expected :) So, yeah, another fun, action-packed read & also alligator-packed ;) Lots of chase for Kitty this time! 
The romance was great, I still love Kitty & Martini as a couple, and yeah, at the end when he finally did what he wanted a few times through the book, it was so sweet, especially because of the circumstances, and after saving her as (to use Kitty's words) The Incredible Hunk :) LOL I love all Kitty's cultural references, they crack me up every time :) 
All the characters made me laugh also, and I liked them all a lot (except for the bad guys). Martini's father is also quite charming & I loved the way he was teasing Jeff. One of my favorite parts in this novel is the scene between Kitty & Martini's mother & the rest of his family. I was like WTF at first & then "Go, Kitty!" :) So, that was awesome :) 
I won't go into too many details, but there's a conspiracy to kill the main ACs (and of course Kitty prevents that & saves the day), and to use them as military. It was all about staying alive & finding out who wants to kill them & how to stop them.  
I was again a little annoyed by Kitty's mom about the same thing from the previous book - yeah Kitty still seems to be a little bit dense about the same things, and I knew right away who her mom was talking about, and I knew he will be involved somehow, and yeah, he was a nice addition to all the characters, 'cause he was fun, too, but still. Other thing I became a little annoyed with was that no one seems to tell Kitty anything - I mean even from the summary of the next book it seems that continues happening, but hopefully it will stop soon.
Anyway, even with that, I still loved this book & I love the series, Alien Tango is a really great sequel that also joins my favorites, and I wish I had already bought my copy of Alien in the Family, 'cause it seems that with every book it seems to get better & better, so I will definitely get it soon, 'cause I can't wait to read it. So, I highly recommend the series! 


Challenges: 

100+ Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012

Speculative Romance Challenge 2012 

ABC Challenge 2012

2012 Science Fiction Reader Challenge

 2nds Challenge 2012 

2012 Books Won Challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment