May 15, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Best Books I've Read So Far This Year!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


So, this week's theme is actually Top Ten Authors I'd Like To See On A Reality Show, but we could choose a different theme, so I decided for Top Ten Best Books I've Read So Far This Year, not counting re-reads.

My Top Ten Best Books I've Read So Far This Year:


1) The Vanishing Game by Kate Kae Myers

Ok, this book blew me away, it was amazing. I actually read it from galley, but I'm planning to buy it, it was that good & deserves the #1 place of best books I've read so far this year!
2) Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Yeah, I finally bought & read Anna Dressed in Blood, and yeah, I loved it & it was amazing & I can't wait for Girl of Nightmares!
3) Divergent by Veronica Roth

I don't think I should say anything about Divergent, except I loved it & one of those rare books (like the one above) that really deserves the hype it got & I can't wait to get my copy of Insurgent!
4) The Doomsday Vault by Steven Harper

I loved The Doomsday Vault, probably the best steampunk book I've read so far & definitely one of the most entertaining books, and I highly recommend it. At the moment I'm reading the sequel The Impossible Cube, and so far it's been just as great, and there's a good possibility I might re-read both before the last book The Dragon Men is out later this year, and I never read the same books in a year, but with these I might make an exception ;)
5) Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire

Discount Armageddon is also one of the most entertaining books I've read, and I loved every second of it, so I highly recommend it, and I'm already looking forward to the next book next year, and until then I'll have to try Seanan McGuire's other books!
6) Eon by Alison Goodman

I loved Eon, great YA fantasy, and if I had the sequel Eona when I finished it, I would've jumped right into it, but I didn't have it, although now I do & it's waiting on my shelf to be read, and I will do that soon.
7) One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Yeah, I know, what I've been waiting for until now with the series, but now that I've started reading it, I'm planning to catch up, and this one was amazing, you gotta love Cat & Bones - best couple ever!!!
8) Firelight by Kristen Callihan

I read Firelight from galley, and I'm planning to buy it, too, 'cause I loved it, really great adult paranormal historical romance & in a way re-telling of the Beauty & the Beast, and although this story is finished, I can't wait for the next book in the Darkest London series!
9) A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton

Loved this one and everything about it: the writing style, the characters, the storyline, the romance, even the cover looks more amazing & prettier IRL & I'm looking forward to reading the sequel!




10) Chris Priestley's Tales of Terror series



Yeah, ok, I'm cheating a little, 'cause I said no re-reads, and Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror was actually a re-read, but the other 2 weren't, and I can't separate the books, I loved them all!

4 comments:

  1. I read Divergent last month. It's definitely in my Top Ten for this year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Divergent! I'm surprised more people didn't pick Top Ten Authors for Reality TV - I had a lot of fun with it. It was hard to narrow it down to just 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Madigan: I knew which authors I'd love to see on a tv show, but I don't watch reality tv shows, so I didn't know where to put them, that's why I didn't pick it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a few of them I haven't heard of, they all look interesting. I think I'm going to have to look into some of them.

    ReplyDelete