Sep 30, 2011

#104 - "Blood Rights" by Kristen Painter (ARC)


Title: Blood Rights

Author: Kristen Painter

Series: House of Comarré, Book 1

Publisher: Hachette Book Group

Imprint: Orbit

Pages: 432

Publication date: October 1st, 2011

ISBN: 9780316084772

Read on September 8th-9th, 2011 from e-copy acquired from NetGalley!

My rating: 4.5 of 5

Summary:
Gothic fantasy meets vampire fiction in this debut novel from Kristen Painter - full of politics, intrigue, and blood.
Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle's body bears the telltale marks of a comarré -- a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world...and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.
Now, Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds.  If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.

My thoughts on the book:
I have to admit that the first thing that caught my attention was the amazing cover, actually the beautiful covers of all 3 books. When I read what the book is about, although not big fan of vampires, sounded interesting & I added it on my wishlist, so when I saw it on NetGalley, I requested it right away & I couldn't wait to read it & when I started it, couldn't put it down! I loved the world Kristen Painter had created, it's quite interesting & I didn't have any problems understanding how their society works. There was lots of suspense & action & great chemistry between the main characters Chrysabelle & Mal and I liked them a lot as characters. There were lots of twists & turns through the story, and although they're not really predictable, most of them I predicted (except for few smaller ones), but one of the main things that will happen, although I knew I was right, I was still hoping maybe I'm wrong, 'cause I didn't want that for Mal & I kept thinking "Poor, Mal." Also, good thing is that although this book will leave you eager for the sequel, doesn't end on cliffhanger. That means, I can't wait to read the sequel & I'll probably buy this book, so I highly recommend it!

Challenges:

1 comment: