Aug 10, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday #47: Black Heart by Holly Black!




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
 
 
 

 I haven't done WoW in a long time, but when I saw the cover & the description for Holly Black's Curse Workers #3 "Black Heart", I had to! 
I love the first 2 books, so I can't wait to read this one, too! 
Also, you gotta love all these covers, they fit the books so much!
If you haven't read them, don't read the summary below, because there are lots of SPOILERS in it!
 
 
Black Heart
(Curse Workers, book 3)
by
Holly Black
 
Publication date:
April 3rd, 2012
 
 
Summary:
 
Cassel Sharpe knows he's been used as an assassin, but he's trying to put all that behind him. He's trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He's trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he's trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he's been raised to believe the government is the enemy.
But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what's right and what's wrong becomes increasingly blurred. And when the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what's a con and what's truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet - this time on love.
 

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh great choice Aleksandra! I have White Cat on my shelf waiting for me to read it, I've heard it's amazing. I can't wait to finally get to it and then I can devour Red Glove and be ready for this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for this one either. I want to know if Lila loves Cassel or not! I always feel so bad for me because she is so mean sometimes!

    Check out Em's WoW!

    Also check out the GREAT Giveaways we have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this series. Can't wait for this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I adore Holly Black, and this series in particular! Great choice!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series has been on my wishlist for what seems like forever now. I am dying to read White Cat, and I hope you enjoy Black Heart.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete