Mar 21, 2011

#36 - "The Poison Eaters And Other Stories" by Holly Black (ARC)


Title: The Poison Eaters And Other Stories
Author: Holly Black
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Imprint: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Pages: 224
Publication date: March 22nd, 2011
ISBN: 9781442412323


Summary:
In her debut collection, New York Times best-selling author Holly Black returns to the world of Tithe in two darkly exquisite new tales. Then Black takes readers on a tour of a faerie market and introduces a girl poisonous to the touch and another who challenges the devil to a competitive eating match. These stories have been published in anthologies such as 21 Proms, The Faery Reel, and The Restless Dead, and have been reprinted in many 'Best of' anthologies. The Poison Eaters is Holly Black's much-anticipated first collection of stories, and her ability to stare into the void - and to find humanity and humor there - will speak to young adult and adult readers alike. 

My rating: 5 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
First of all, I have to say that although I've wanted to read Holly Black's books for years, I hadn't until now. I loved this collection of stories & I loved her writing style! I loved almost all the stories (there are 12) & I can't even choose my favorite, 'cause I loved so many of them. I'll definitely pick up her books soon ;) I highly recommend this collection of great stories & it's definitely a book I'll buy & read again & again!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment