Feb 1, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays #36

 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




"The beast hissed at a volume ten times its size and shot a claw at the nearest candle. The circle responded instantly, leaping dozens of feet in the air, glowing brilliant white." 


Forsaken by Jana Oliver







"Anya turned on her heel in a vaulted chamber, ice crunching under her feet and covering the walls in a wet sheen of gray and glitter. The only illumination emanated from Sparky, incandescing as he wound about her heels."


Embers by Laura Bickle 

8 comments:

  1. I liked Embers and Forsaken sounds good too. I have two teasers this week. My YA teaser is from Warped by Maurissa Guibord and my adult teaser is from Blood Challenge by Eileen Wilks. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the FORSAKEN teaser! I've got it on my TBR pile and will definitely read it soon:)

    You can find my teaser, here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightfully descriptive teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-shadowfever.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forsaken: Doesn't sound like a beast I'd want to meet up with!

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Embers and Foresaken looks interesting. Great Teaser, I hope you are enjoying your book. Here is my choice for this weeks Tuesday Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are good!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both of these teasers, especially the second!

    ReplyDelete