Feb 26, 2011

#21 - "Her Best Friend" by Sarah Mayberry


Title: Her Best Friend
Author: Sarah Mayberry
Series: More Than Friends


Summary:
What's a girl to do when she's secretly in love with a friend and he's married to someone else? She gets over it. That's what Amy Parker has done. Rather than lose her best bud Quinn Whitfield with an ill-timed, crazy confession of affection, she's taken the smart route. She's eased away from him. Just enough to get past the unrequited bits. And you know, it's working.
Until the day Quinn announces he's now single. That's right. He's single. And he wants to hang out. With her. Get reconnected the way they used to be.
Oh, this is so not good for Amy's equilibrium. Daily doses of Quinn remind her of everything she loves about him. But if he's free.and she's free.well, maybe the time has come for one of those crazy confessions.
 
My rating: 3.5 of 5
 
My thoughts on the book:
I usually love books about friends that fall in love & I enjoyed this one a lot, but not as much as some of the other books by Sarah Mayberry. It was good & fun & the characters were likable & their chemistry good. I guess I just didn't connect a lot with Amy. Maybe it's just that I found the fact that Amy have loved Quinn for 16 years a little annoying, but that's just me ;) But even with that, I enjoyed the story a lot & I loved the ending, it was sweet. I recommend it!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment