Feb 25, 2011

#17 - "Virals" by Kathy Reichs


Title: Virals
Author: Kathy Reichs
Series: Virals, Book 1


Summary:
Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan, is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage 'sci-philes' who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.
As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot - if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent.
Fortunately, they are now more than friends - they're a pack. They are Virals.
 
My rating: 4.5 of 5
 
My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed this book a lot! I liked the story & the characters a lot & the ending was good & I'm already looking forward to reading the sequel! I recommend it a lot!

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. I still need to get hold of this one! Very curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta read this. I love the tv series that was inspired by this author.

    ReplyDelete