Feb 25, 2011

#11 - "Trickster's Girl" by Hilari Bell


Title: Trickster's Girl
Author: Hilari Bell
Series: Raven Duet, Book 1


Summary:
In the year 2098 America isn't so different from the USA of today. But, in a post-9/11 security-obssessed world, "secured" doesn't just refer to borders between countries, it also refer to borders between states. Teenagers still think they know everything, but there is no cure for cancer, as Kelsa knows first-hand from watching her father die.
The night Kelsa buries her father, a boy appears. He claims magic is responsible for the health of Earth, but human damage disrupts its flow. The planet is dying.
Kelsa has the power to reverse the damage, but first she must accept that magic exists and see beyond her own pain in order to heal the planet.

My rating: 3.5 0f 5

My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed this book. It didn't blow me away, but it was fun. I wasn't too wrapped up in the story  in the first half of the book, but after that it became better, so the second half of the book I enjoyed a lot more. I didn't expect to end like it did, so that surprised me, which is always good. I'll probably read the next one, too!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment