Dec 31, 2010

#230 - "Girl at Sea" by Maureen Johnson


Title: Girl at Sea
Author: Maureen Johnson

Summary:
Sometimes you have to get lost.
The Girl: Clio, seventeen, wants to spend the summer smooching her art-store crush, not stuck on a boat in the Mediterranean. At least she'll get a killer tan.
The Mission: Survive her father's annoying antics. Oh, also find some underwater treasure that could be the missing link to a long-lost civilization.
The Crew: Dad's absentminded best friend Martin, his scary girlfriend Julia, her voluptuous daughter Elsa . . . and then there's Aidan, Julia's incredibly attractive, incredibly arrogant research assistant.
What's going on behind Aidan's intellectual, intensely green eyes, anyway?  
As Clio sails into uncharted territory she unveils secrets that have the power to change history. But her most surprising discovery is that there's something deeper and more mysterious than the sea—her own heart.
 
My rating: 4.5 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
I loved this book. The story was really great & I couldn't put it down. It was fun & had mystery, romance & adventure, and another plus for me is that it's set in Italy. I read it in winter, but it's definitely great summer read! There was something in the end that happened that I didn't expected, so it surprised me, too! It goes to my pile of favorites & I'll definitely read it again. I highly recommend it!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment