Nov 2, 2010

#192 - "Exchange" by Dale R. Cozort


Title: Exchange
Author: Dale R. Cozort

Summary:
Exchange is an alternate history novel where our risk-averse society has to cope with a frontier again, through a series of "Exchanges". An Exchange temporarily swaps town-sized pieces of an alternate reality where humans didn't make it through an ancient bottleneck with chunks our reality.  With little warning, a town can be in a land where sabertooths, giant bears and even more dangerous creatures still roam, a wild, dangerous place people can go to start a new life if they're brave or crazy enough.
When her town is caught in an Exchange, computer guru Sharon Mack has to fight giant predators, escaped convicts, and a mysterious cult to rescue her kidnapped daughter before the Exchange ends, trapping them forever. 

My rating: 4 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed this book a lot! It's quite the adventure! The pacing was good, the story interesting & there were a lot of different characters & I liked it how most of the story was unpredictable & I didn't know who's on who's side. Really great book & it left me wanting for more, so I recommend it & I hope there'll be a sequel!

Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. I'ver read Exchange as well, and just loved it! SO much going on and lots of twists and turns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I haven't heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my TBR list. Everything I've heard makes me just wonder why I haven't done so yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Exchange as well. It's well-written, fast paced and the well-developed characters made for some exciting adventures. The author's world building skills are fabulous. I recommend this book to everyone!

    ReplyDelete