Sep 25, 2010

Fall Catch-Up Read-a-Thon: Mini-Challenge!


 
It's Banned Books Week, so the mini-challenge for the Fall Catch-Up Read-a-Thon is to look-up at ALA's web page which books have been banned or challenged to be banned & if we've read some of them! 

I went over the lists & I've read some of them, but there are many more banned books that I've been planning to read. 

One of my favorite series is J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter! I already knew they've been banned! I don't really care if a book is banned or not, if I want to read it, I read it! Although, I have to say that this last week I've been annoyed with some people who say some stupid reasons why a book should be banned, especially about Laurie Halse Anderson's Speak! Anyway, back to the Harry Potter series & why I've read them. I didn't start with the books, I started with the movies... I just fell in love with them & I was eagerly expecting every one (I still am). After watching the 5th movie, I read both the 6th & 7th book & after that I've read all the books in the series & I'm planning to re-read it soon. Definitely one of my favorite series & if someone still hasn't read them, don't know what's missing ;) Especially with The Deathly Hallows!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry I'm just now checking out your mini-challenge, Aleksandra. My weekend was a mess! Great choice. I love Harry Potter too. I still haven't read Deathly Hallows, but I plan on reading it before the 1st part of the movie comes out in November. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete