Aug 3, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays #25

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



"When she blinked the tears away, she was again surrounded by wolves, the size of small ponies, their backs at shoulder height on her. They crowded in around her, snapping and growling, their wild scent competing with the stench of smoke, their stiff guard hairs brushing her skin, pressing against her legs as if to force her from the trail."

The Demon King  
(Book 1 of the Seven Realms series)  
by Cinda Williams Chima 

15 comments:

  1. Surrounded by wolves the size of small ponies... terrifying experience.

    Mine's from Empress by Karen Miller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intense. I've been wanting to read this series but haven't gotten around to it yet. Your teaser made me want this even more, lol!

    My teaser is over here:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of pack with actions here.I'm thrilled!Here’s mine;

    http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-stake-that.html

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's totally sounds in trouble! Adding this to my TBR...

    I have a teaser from Cry Sanctuary by Moira Rogers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard some good things about this series. Nice teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure I would like to be in this situation.

    My teaser is from To Say Nothing of the Dog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wolves the size of ponies? Yow, now that's scary! Hope you are enjoying the book. Here's my teaser and giveaway for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I would be doing more than crying if I was surrounded...good teaser!!
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds intriguing! I have to add this to my TBR list.

    My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks and sounds intriguing! Love the cover. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cover...I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that certainly sounds ominous. Nice teaser! And thank you for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome all around!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice teaser. Those wolves sound like trouble

    ReplyDelete