Mar 14, 2010

#20 - "Mes Amis, Mes Amours" by Marc Levy

Summary:
When Mathias moves from Paris to South Kensington to join his best friend, Antoine, they decide to establish a new household for their kids by moving in together. They set themselves two ground rules: they will never call on baby sitters, nor will they ever bring any girlfriends home. However, the reality of life ‘à quatre’ is not always as straightforward as it could be…
It seemed like the perfect solution for two single fathers in their thirties. They would take turns looking after the children, divide household chores and keep each other company on lonely Sunday evenings. But such an intimate living arrangement quickly becomes strained, particularly when Mathias takes a more than a passing interest in Audrey, a beautiful and ambitious young reporter who wanders into his bookshop one day…
As Antoine and Mathias juggle parental obligations, romantic intrigues and differences of opinion, we are drawn into the colorful world of Bute Street and the intertwining destinies of its locals… 



My thoughts on the book:
I loved it! This is the second Marc Levy's book that I've read & I have to admit I enjoyed it a lot. There is something about his writing that I simply love. I loved the story & most of the time while I was reading it ,I had a smile plastered on my face. There were plenty of funny & sweet situations in it that made me smile. I'm definitely recommending this book. The original title should be translated "My Friends, My Loves" (that's the title on the copy I have, too) but on the authors site I just saw that the english title is "London Mon Amour", although it's not available in English.

My rating: 5/5

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment