Jan 31, 2010

#6 - "Random" by Craig Robertson

This was a free ARC that I got from publisher SIMON & SCHUSTER UK for participating in the Thriller & Suspense Challenge hosted by Book Chick City!

Summary:
Glasgow is being terrorised by a serial killer the media have nicknamed The Cutter. The murders have left the police baffled. There seems to be neither rhyme nor reason behind the killings; no kind of pattern or motive; an entirely different method of murder each time, and nothing that connects the victims except for the fact that the little fingers of their right hands have been severed. If DS Rachel Narey could only work out the key to the seemingly random murders, how and why the killer selects his victims, she would be well on her way to catching him. But as the police, the press and a threatening figure from Glasgow's underworld begin to close in on The Cutter, his carefully-laid plans threaten to unravel - with horrifying consequences.

My thoughts on the book:
This was a great book! I was gripped from the start and couldn't wait to finish it and when I did, I wasn't disappointed. I was even a little surprised. I loved the newspaper articles through the book. They gave good insights on the police investigation & the killer's influence on the public, because the story is told from the killer's point of view. I don't want to write too much, 'cause I don't want to spoil the story for anyone. This is Craig Robertson's exceptional debut novel and I hope there'll be more in the future. I highly recommend this book, especially if you're fan of Jeff Lindsay's Dexter like me!

Rating: 5/5

Challenges:
This was my honest opinion & I wasn't at all influenced by the free ARC!

0 comments:

Post a Comment